Sequence of events after a YES would be:
1. Parties, 'historic moment', blah, blah, blah and lots of alcohol
2. Detailed negotiations commence once the hangovers clear
3. All party support for not allowing a Sterling area, BoE not to be a Scottish lender of last resort, etc. Salmond's Sterling plan collapses.
4. The EU confirm that the UK was part of the EU but Scotland left and must now reapply - just as they have said before. (They weren't kidding). Scottish government forced into a Euro or Thistle decision on currency - opts for Euro.
5. Scottish people utraged at vote 'Indpendence get Brussels' and SNP collapse in their first GE - with Labour winning a landslide.
6. Scottish government accept there is no mandate for a Euro decision and creates the Thistle - initially at parity with the Pound. Scotland's EU membership application goes on hold.
7. Scotland gets 125bn POUNDS of national debt as its share of the split. Equal to 75% of their GDP. But they argue about this and creditors get very nervous. The Thistle weakens and Scotland's debt as measured in Thistles explodes to well over 100% GDP.
8. Scotland forced into an immediate fiscal and currency crisis. The Central Bank of Scotland prints money to meet their govt debt financing needs - further weaknening the Thistle. Scotland goes to well over 150% GDP in debt and market appetite for Thistle debt dies.
9. Scotland forced into a rapid deflationary austerity / currency death spiral and goes bankrupt.
10. Tumbleweed blows through the streets as zombies and wild dogs fight each other for a few scraps of human flesh.